Vacationing at Walt Disney World Resort is one of the best places to experience an inclusive trip, creating some of the most memorable times. For families with special needs children it becomes even easier with all the free planning tools and advice online offered by My Disney Experience. Once registered, your planning takes on a new dimension giving you full control over everything, right down to selecting which attractions to experience and even where to stand to have the best view of theme park fireworks. My Disney Experience allows us to maintain our strict schedules while on vacation, which is important for our special needs children and best of all it affords us the control over the entire vacation. That, coupled with Disney Cast Members offering insightful tips, advice and who always perceive our needs, makes for an incredible vacation experience.
Did you know that you don’t even have to worry about photography while vacationing at Walt Disney World Resort?
They have an amazing digital photography system called Disney PhotoPass® available on select attractions, dining locations, resort hotel lobbies and theme park locations for character greets a special Disney PhotoPass Photographer and/or camera system readily snaps your photograph as you’re enjoying that prime, memorable moment, that you might otherwise find challenging to take on your own.
How convenient is that! Now, no lugging around video cameras or cameras and worrying about capturing that ‘smile’. Instead, that sincere smile, moment of excitement and thrill will be captured for you. Your ‘in the moment’ will be captured. I love that!
You can easily hook into Disney PhotoPass® upon your arrival by simply approaching one of the clearly visible Disney PhotoPass Photographers who will offer you a free Disney PhotoPass Card® that needs to be scanned by every Disney PhotoPass Photographer and/or at every Disney PhotoPass® station at each offered attraction. When you get home, you simply head over to their website at: https://mydisneyphotopass.disney.go.com/keepsakes/index/notlogged/
to get started (online registration is required) with selecting and downloading your favourite photos and creating digital albums, scrapbook albums all kinds of photo memorabilia of your vacation.
Best of all they offer this incredible add-on package called the Memory Maker® which for a fee, will include all downloads of your Disney PhotoPass® attraction, character greet and dining photos as well as Magic Shots® (placement of Disney characters in special and unique poses in your photograph) and Attraction Videos. You can link all photos and attraction videos to your Disney account using your MagicBand®, park admission ticket, Memory Maker Card® or Disney PhotoPass Card®. It’s your choice.
How to get started with your Memory Maker® package:
- register a Disney account at: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/login/
- link the Memory Maker®to your Disney account if you haven’t purchased it online; if you have purchased it online then it ‘may’ have been automatically linked, double check
- link your family and friends so that you can look and and download their photos
- when at Walt Disney World Resort make sure to link each photo to your account by the use of your MagicBand® or Memory Maker Card® (Disney PhotoPass Photographers have them), or through your theme park admission ticket card or with your Disney PhotoPass Card® (Disney PhotoPass Photographers have them)
- view your captured/linked photos online and begin your customization, but remember, one you view the first picture, you have 30 days to store more photos because the photos stay in your account for 45 days after they are taken
Here are some important things to keep in mind: https://mydisneyphotopass.disney.go.com/help-and-support
We love the convenience of using the MagicBand® when at Walt Disney World Resort because, once linked to your Disney account:
- it is your Disney resort room door unlocking device
- it stores your Disney Dining Plan, theme and water park admission ticket information (for the Disney Dining Plan, you must be a Guest at a Disney resort)
- it connects your Disney PhotoPass® photos to your Disney account
- it allows you to check in at FastPass+® entrances
- if you are a Disney Resort hotel Guest you will be allowed to charge food and merchandise to your Disney Resort hotel room
- it allows customization of all your Disney account information
- Walt Disney World Passholders can link their Annual Pass information onto their MagicBand®
- it will store Disney’s Magical Express® (your complimentary motor coach transportation from Orlando International Airport to your Walt Disney World Resort hotel); simply have your MagicBand® on hand when you check in at Disney’s Magical Express® at Orlando International Airport
- it allows you as a Disney Resort Theme Park Guest to link your ticket and dining reservation information to your MagicBand® even if you’re staying at a non-Disney Resort hotel.
How great is this!
After all, capturing those spontaneous, precious moments truly is the best memory!